updated 22nd May 2018
At Turnpost we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our website visitors, potential trade and consumer customers.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
Data Protection Act
Our data collection and storage is governed by the rules of the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, and all associated legislation to protect the information that we store about you from unauthorised access.
Retention of Personal Information
We only keep your personal information as long as necessary for the purposes we collected it, or as otherwise required by law.
Access to Information and Contacting us
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, you have the right to: access any information that we hold relating to you and how we process that information; request a copy, amendment or deletion of those details. To do this please email email@example.com
Our email messages always contain an option to opt out of further email messages. You can also request this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We send occasional postal mailings. To opt out of these postal mailings you can email email@example.com
Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our business and website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you when we have communicated by any means. Such information may include your name, email, telephone number and address.
- Information about trade customers from: your visits to our stands at trade fairs; your online and offline advertising such as your website and advertising directories; relevant trade association websites. Such information may include your name, business, email, telephone number and address.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information and samples to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you about TurnPost, such as new product launches, new marketing materials, website changes and special offers
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website and sending Email newsletters, such as MailChimp email newsletters, it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business, in which case this would be provided to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links