GENERAL INFORMATION AND OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS – 11TH JUNE 2018
“TurnPost” is the trading name of T&V Rhodes Limited (company registration 07838532) of Jordans, Leeds Road, Collingham, West Yorkshire, LS22 5AA.
These terms & conditions of trading apply to all contracts between TurnPost (‘us, we, our’) and the customer (‘you, your’). You must be over 18 years of age and be legally capable of entering into a binding contract.
References to ‘furniture’ includes beds, chairs, tables, chests and all other furniture.
- All goods are subject to availability.
- All descriptions of products are correct at the time of publication. We have a policy of continuous product development and reserve the right to amend the specification of products without prior notice in relation to future sales.
- While the colours shown on our website are as close a representation as we can manage to the finished look, we cannot accept responsibility for any variation in colour caused by the device and software used to view the website. We can send a sample of your requested wood finish and upholstery fabric by mail, however the colour may vary from the finished product.
- Beds and Mattresses are sold separately. All bed prices shown do not include a mattress.
- Our wooden furniture is designed to show off the natural beauty and interesting features, which make each piece of furniture unique. The most common of these natural wood furniture features which are not flaws are the following:
WOOD SHADING, GRAIN AND SPLITS Each piece of wood will have a slightly different grain pattern. Variation in colour shading and grain between different products and within the same product can occur. On distressed ranges some small splits will add to the character of the piece.
KNOTS AND JOINT LINES Knots are a natural property of all real wood furniture; they do not affect performance and add interest to each piece.
MEDULLARY RAYS These markings are created where wood is cut across the grain producing interesting features such as growth rings and flecks.
RESIN POCKETS These are a natural feature of solid wood and may appear as small marks in the finish. These add character to each piece and are not defects.
- All wood species react to sunlight and changes in temperature and humidity, sometimes rapidly and sometimes gradually over the passage of time. Some of these natural changes are:
EXPANSION AND CONTRACTION All timber will display movement from season to season because of changes in atmospheric temperature and humidity. Changes in temperature and humidity can cause solid wood to warp or split. We do not recommend locating products in excessively high or low temperatures, or where the environment is often damp as this may cause product issues.
FADING AND COLOUR CHANGES All timbers, stains and paint finishes react to sunlight, changes in temperature and humidity. Most woods, stains and paint finishes fade with age and exposure to light, but some do become darker or change in colour, such as natural paint finishes yellowing slightly and gradually over the passage of time.
Furniture should not be placed within 30cm of a heat source or in strong sunlight such as conservatories or next to windows, to avoid the above natural changes becoming excessive.
- Upholstery fabrics may fade over time and with exposure to direct sunlight. Furniture should not be placed in strong sunlight such as conservatories or next to a window for this reason.
- All measurements are rounded up to the nearest whole centimetre. Every care is taken to ensure all descriptions and measurements are correct at the time of publication. We reserve the right to alter.
- Our beds and mattresses are made to order and are handmade so there is a tolerance on all measurements of 3cm for furniture, 3cm for mattresses.
- Please note that mattress sizes can vary slightly from dimensions given when new. After a little use they will spread to full size measurements and specifications without prior notice.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your order will fit into your property and that our delivery team can gain reasonable access with a delivery lorry. We reserve the right not to refund where all or part of your order cannot proceed for these reasons. It is your responsibility to advise us at the time of ordering of any non-standard delivery circumstances that may apply, such as staircase access issues or small delivery van requirement.
- Please note that it is exceptionally important to check that our furniture not only passes through your doorways, but also that there is sufficient room to turn the furniture on staircase turns (“half-landings”) and pass under the lowest ceiling points above staircases.
- In the unlikely event that the price of an item has been incorrectly advertised, we will contact you to ask whether you wish to proceed with the order at the correct price. If you are not happy to proceed, or we are unable to obtain your instructions, we will cancel the order. Unless we have already confirmed dispatch of your order, we will not be obliged to supply products at the incorrect price.
- All our goods come with a 1 year construction guarantee. This excludes goods purchased from our clearance sections or ex-display items. This guarantee excludes fair wear and tear; neglect, abuse or misuse of your goods. This guarantee does not cover goods removed from mainland UK.
- The above guarantee is in addition to, and does not affect, your statutory rights.
5. CANCELLATIONS / AMENDMENTS
- We can accept cancellation for stock items at any time up to delivery. Once stock items have been delivered, we will only accept cancellation if the goods are undamaged and packed with the original packaging. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
- We regret we cannot accept cancellations on orders that are made specifically for you bespoke to your requested specifications. This includes bespoke measurements, materials, firmness and finishes on furniture and mattresses. Bespoke items are indicated as such on your order confirmation and all other items are indicated as stock or standard made to order.
- We can amend your order, including your required delivery date during the first 7 days after the order has been placed. After this time we cannot amend your required delivery date or accept cancellation of bespoke products. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
- For made-to-order purchases of beds, mattresses and furniture over £1000 we require a 50% deposit at the time of ordering. The remaining balance will become due when requested, which could be up to 3 weeks before the estimated delivery date advised on your order confirmation. We reserve the right to amend the payment request date where circumstances dictate. Allow up to 14 days from the later of the final payment date or the date advised on your order confirmation for delivery to take place.
- For all other purchases we require full payment when the order is placed.
- Orders where the balance has not been paid within 3 weeks from the payment request date are liable to cancellation. In these cases, we reserve the right to retain your deposit.
- We cannot deliver to your home until payment has been received in full.
7. DELIVERY AND RETURNS
- We will give you an estimated delivery time at the time your order is placed. The date will depend on availability of materials and manufacturing leadtime in the workshops. Dispatch is usually 6 to 8 weeks for made to order items.
- Please note that returns of stock items can only be accepted with the original packaging, so this should be retained if you are likely to return the product. For hygiene reasons, mattresses and bedding cannot be returned once the packaging has been removed. Bespoke items made specifically for you cannot be returned unless faulty. Some of our furniture comes fully assembled, the main exception being beds and wardrobes which are assembled in the room of choice.
- Following dispatch, our furniture and mattress delivery partners will arrange delivery of your goods with you personally and agree a two hour delivery window. This delivery to your premises should be within 7 working days of dispatch. If you are not in for a pre-arranged and confirmed delivery, then a further delivery charge will apply which will be payable before delivery.
- Please be aware that we cannot move or dismantle existing furniture or other items, and ensure that the location for your order is clear for our crew to access and work in. However, do not dispose of your old bed or mattress until your new one arrives. We will not be held accountable should you be left without a bed or mattress.
- In the event we are unable to complete a delivery because of access constraints to and/or in the building we reserve the right to charge for the furniture, mattress and any delivery costs in full. It is your responsibility to advise us at the time of ordering of any special delivery circumstances that may apply, such as narrow staircases, access issues or small delivery van requirement.
- We cannot be held responsible for delays caused by manufacturers or carriers.
- We make every effort to meet the estimated delivery date stated on your order confirmation, however we will not accept any liability for any consequential loss.
- We cannot drill into your walls to attach fixings such as wall mounted headboards, wall straps on storage units etc.
- There may be a longer wait for delivery to Scotland, Northern Ireland and any remote areas. For export orders, delivery details will be discussed and agreed at the time of order.
- In the event that you are unable to take delivery on the day arranged, 48 hours notice of delivery cancellation must be given. Failure to do so may result in a further delivery charge being applied.
- Cancellations of our assembly service must be notified 48 hours before delivery commences. If sufficient notice is not given, assembly charges will not be refunded.
- All made to order goods must be delivered into your home within 3 weeks of you being contacted to arrange delivery. A non-refundable fee of £100 per week will be charged where we have been unable to agree delivery with you within the 3 week period.
- Orders that remain undelivered for longer than 6 weeks after you have been contacted to arrange delivery are liable to cancellation. We reserve the right to retain 50% of the order value plus accrued storage fees.
9. VARIATION OF TERMS
- Our staff have no authority to vary these terms and conditions of sale.
Terms and Conditions Valid From 11th June 2018.